Through Mississippi State University’s institutional membership, all faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars have access to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is dedicated to faculty success throughout a career lifespan and is an excellent resource for support, for increasing productivity, for learning effective time management, and for living a balanced and healthy life. NCFDD provides online support for mentoring, increased scholarly productivity, accountability “buddy matches,” and professional collaboration. NCFDD brings in experts to provide professional development opportunities through workshops and seminars centered on faculty success and growth. Resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, how to develop a daily writing plan, how to write grant proposals, and more.
Membership Access Includes:
- Weekly Monday Motivator email
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars & Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for Peer Mentorship development
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes all past webinars
Step One: claim your free institutional membership:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose Mississippi State University from the drop-down menu
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Go to your institutional email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com or (662) 325-2493
Step Two: participate in free professional development
- 3/23/2021 1-2pm | Navigating Faculty Career Transitions: Getting to Mid-Career and Beyond
- 4/8/2021 1-2pm | Mastering Academic Time Management
- 4/27/2021 1-2pm | Strategies for Centering Instructor Identity in STEM Education
Missed a webinar? No worries- access the NCFDD Library to learn on your own time.
Click the image to view a PDF.