Words Are Powerful: Inclusive Terms and Language
This session allows participants to more deeply understand and define identity-centered terms and how to apply them in real-life; with the ultimate goal of creating an inclusive environment for all.
- Participants will be able to identify and define terms and phrases that are new or newly understood
- Participants will be able to summarize one potential impact of using an inaccurate term
- Participants will understand how to apply the terminology learned
Open Doors: Diversifying Student Organizations
This session is designed for student organization members and leaders to learn approaches to support and promote healthy DEI practices, programs, and initiatives within their organization.
- Participants will be able to understand diversity, inclusion, and equity in a student organization context
- Participants will learn how to assess how inclusive a student organization is and learn how to create and maintain inclusive spaces
- Participants will be able to identify ways in which you can be an advocate for underrepresented populations
Finding Common Ground: How to Facilitate a Civil Dialogue
This session helps participants identify and practice techniques to have meaningful and productive intercultural communication.
- Participants will be able to identify practices for engaging in difficult conversations.
- Participants can reflect and apply these practices through dialogue.
- Participants will more deeply understand the other participants' different experiences, perspectives, and identities.
The Journey from Awareness to Action
This session allows participants to understand and develop their sense of allyship and implement healthy and sustainable practices to become better allied to various social justice causes.
- Participants will understand and develop their sense of allyship
- Participants will identify at least 3 viable behaviors that are appropriate for an ally
- Participants will learn how to use learned behaviors in relevant environment
Bias, Beliefs, and Behaviors
This session allows participants to identify how bias impacts society and their sphere of influence.
- Participants will be able to increase cultural competency in areas and with populations they interact
- Participants can increase self-awareness of social identity and its impact on professional work
- Participants will be able to increase confidence in preventing and handling microaggressive behaviors.
How Cultural Competency & Inclusion Drive Teamwork
This session helps participants grow their foundational knowledge of the theory and practices of cultural humility, explore microaggressions, and create an action plan.
- Participants will be able to connect at least one of the cultural competency theories discussed with professional behavior in the workplace
- Participants will be able to identify at least two intercultural concepts
- Participants will create an action plan that identifies inclusive and affirming behaviors appropriate for a chosen environment