Bridge to the Doctorate
The LSAMP Bridge to the Doctorate is a nationwide program funded by NSF to increase the quantity and quality of STEM graduate students from racially underrepresented populations, with emphasis on Ph.D. matriculation and completion. The program focuses on transitioning students interested in a Ph.D. from an undergraduate into a graduate degree.
- Free tuition & fees at Jackson State University for 2 years to pursue a Master’s in a STEM field.
- Stipend of $32,000/year for living expenses.
- Professional development funds to participate in academic conferences.
- Mentorship, development, and guidance towards earning a PhD.
Qualifications for Consideration:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) undergraduate degree.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Interest in research, attending academic conferences, and sharing research.
- Interest in traveling abroad internationally.
- Interest in pursuing a PhD.
For More Information about Applying as a MSU Student:
Delaney Foster, Interim Director in Office of Inclusive Excellence, firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information on the Bridge to the Doctorate Program or LSMAMP at Jackson State University:
Dr. Martha Tchounwou, Program Director, email@example.com
Muna Abdelrahim, Data Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org